the registration will take place in 3 rounds
Dancers can apply via the registration form and the organizers will select around 100 participants in each round. The dates for submitting an application, the dates of an email reply and the payment due dates are provided above. Workshop and milonga prices will rise with each round and will be available for reference on a price list on the Festival's website.
I registration round
from 11 Dec. 2018 (Tues.) 8:00 PM to 1 Jan. 2018 00:00 AM (Tues.)
Email reply until: 4 Jan. 2019 (Fri.)—payment until 15 Jan. 2019
II registration round
from 22 Jan. 2019 (Sat.) 4:00 PM to 5 Feb. 2018 00:00 AM (Tues.)
Email reply until: 8 Feb. 2018 (Fri.)—payment until 19 Feb. 2019
III registration round
from 26 Feb. 2018 (Tues.) 4:00 PM to 12 Mar. 2018 00:00 AM (Tues.)
Email reply until: 15 Mar. 2018 (Fri.)—payment until 26 Mar. 2019
Why did we decide to go for a registration in rounds?
- The dates of email confirmation of the participation in the festival known in advance will facilitate the planning of travels, the purchase of airplane tickets and the booking of accommodation,
- Experienced dancers who will not be able to register to attend the festival in December will be able to join the event up until 12 March,
- The rounds enable us to determine the period during which the participants can change their decision as to the purchased workshops and milongas, which was impossible in the last two years.
Since the festival is very popular and the number of dancers keen to participate is several times higher than the number of available tickets, we wish to select the most interesting dancers from around the world. The process of registration is the least pleasant part of the festival for us as well as for you because it is very difficult to say 'No' to people whom we often know personally and like in private. Hence, we ask you for understanding and trust that we are only guided by the high quality of the festival and the comfort of people on the dancefloor.
What kind of dancers are welcome to Krakus Aires?
- Experienced dancers who feel easy on a crowded dancefloor and take care of the ronda,
- Nice people who like to make new acquaintances because they know that the power of tango consists not only in the dancing, but also in the great fun in the bar and foyer,
- Representatives of various nationalities, which is why you will meet not only your friends, but also new people,
- The same number of leaders and followers—we keep the gender balance.
What should you do if we reject your application?
This will only be a signal that, in our opinion, more experienced or better dancing dancers registered in this particular round. If you find yourself on the reserve list, you may try again in the next round (please fill the registration form again), hoping that this time you will prove to be the most attractive dancer in the pool.
Do You have more questions?
You might find an answer in REGULATIONS file
Cancellations and refunds
- If no payment is made within the above specified period of time, the ticket reservations and/or tickets for the workshop will be canceled.
- The Organisers do refund the costs to a Participant who does not appear on the Festival only before 19 February, 2019.
18. When resigning from the festival, you may give all your milongas and workshops to another person of the same gender using the Change and Resignation Form to inform the Organizer, but only until the end of a given registration round. After the round is closed, the transfer of tickets to another person should be reported via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Organisers do not deal with the distribution of the package to different people.